Labor Day Weekend Wheeling
Time & Location
About the event
Come join us at Sand Hollow over Labor Day weekend, Sept. 7, 2020. We’ll be hosting a camping and wheeling weekend around Hurricane, Utah. This isn’t a hard rock crawling weekend; it’s a weekend of mild challenges, on a wide variety of terrain. We’ll be camping along the eastern shore of Sand Hollow Reservoir, on the red sand, close to the water for swimming. We’re definitely bringing our kayaks.
The approximate .gpx location for our campsite is below.
Saturday - Sept. 5th we’ll be running Razzle Dazzle and more at Sand Hollow.
Sunday - Sept. 6th Toquerville Falls (Loop?) in the morning. We’ll also do a sunset run on the West Rim at Sand Hollow.
Monday – Sept. 7thTo Be Determined
We are not running anything very difficult. Lockers are not required, but it sure would help.
Mandatory Vehicle Requirements
- 33” off-road tires minimum
- Working Spare Tire
- CB Radio
- Air Down/Up Equipment
You are not required to camp, you can come out for a day run or more. We will arrive Friday and have a camping spot saved for the group.
- Day Use Pass (includes camping) – Sand Hollow State Park
- CAMPING LOCATION .gpx 37.113006, -113.360981
Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/ff1HN8ekEQ4Ypq339
- We’re primitive camping. There are toilets and showers, but you must drive or walk about a ½ mile.
- All your camping gear, water, sunscreen and food.
Note: it can be heavy windblown sand when camping here.
Lodging / Hotels
- There are plenty of places to choose from. I have stayed here, it was clean and it’s really close to the park. It’s a “newish” Clarion Inn & Suites
We hope to see you out there for a great weekend of camping, swimming and some epic four wheeling. If you have any questions please send me a message or post a comment in the forum post for this event.
Thank you for your continued support,
Bobby & Shirley Nelson